One of the pieces of feedback the creators of Sphero got about their popular R/C robot was that it could do really cool things, but the users wished it could go faster. So they created Ollie.
Ollie's a cylinder. He can't do all the things that his spherical counterpart can do, but he can do one thing particularly well: go fast. How fast? 14 miles an hour. And his wheels spin independently, which basically makes him a tiny skateboarding genius. He can spin, drift, flip, turn, and tumble when you tell him to via an app on your smartphone. He pairs with a touch and works up to 98 ft. away (which is good for a little guy who can escape at a speed of 14 mph). While they were testing him, the creators managed to get one to jump off a ramp over 6 ft. high. Basically over a person. Boo. Yah.
He'll run for an hour (and recharges via micro USB cable, included, which takes 3 hours). That means that on a single charge, we could theoretically drive our Ollie all the way from ThinkGeek World Domination HQ to the Pentagon. Which we're sure wouldn't raise any eyebrows or cause security alerts. Do not try this at home with your own Ollie. If you do, do not blame us.
- Smartphone-controlled robot shaped like a cylinder
- Compatible with iOS 7.0+ and Android 4.4.2+
- Super-fast - top speed of 14 mph
- Wheels spin independently of each other
- Spin, drift, flip, turn, and tumble with app-powered tricks
- Connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth™ LE (pairs via touch)
- Wireless Range: 98 ft.
- Check to see if your device is compatible here
- 4 separate apps for different functions (driving, programming, etc.)
- Automatic firmware updates
- SDK available in 14 coding languages
- Set it to open or closed spaces, hard or soft surfaces
- Future accessories include alternate wheels, tires, hubcaps, and smartramps
- Has LED "running lights" that react
- Materials: High-grade polycarbonate body
- Batteries: Rechargeable - charges via micro USB cable (included)
- Runs for 1 hr. on charge; charging takes 3 hrs.
- Dimensions: 9.9" x 4.8" x 4.3"
- Weight: 1.4 lbs.
- Includes Ollie, 2 Nubby Tires (all-terrain), 2 Hubcaps, micro USB charging cable, and a quick start guide
- Note: Unlike Sphero, Ollie is NOT waterproof